how-to-become-a-successful-coach-banner

Friday 20 September 2013

How To Find Inner Peace?

Have you ever got to a place in your life where you have all the trappings of success, wealth, power, etc - but on the inside you feel so disconnected from everyone and everything in your life that it all seems empty and meaningless? Maybe it feels like there's this big hole in your heart that you just can't seem to fill with any of the 'things' you've achieved? How to find inner peace can be more challenging and evasive than any other goal you've set your sights on.

Today, I started working with a very simple process while I was out walking and was amazed at how quickly it transformed my mental and emotional state and awoke a vibrant sense of connection with everything around me. The process works by repeating to your self a very old biblical statement - I Am That I Am - which was purported to be the name of God. By repeating this statement we bring ourselves back into the realization of our oneness with everything and everyone in creation. There's just one slight twist with the use of this statement and that is the addition of a semi colon - I Am That; I AM!

So, here's how to work with the power of these 5 words...As you go about your daily life, each thing you look at, whether it's a person, a chair, a car, a tree, a sign, whatever you see or even perceive in another (an angry persona for example), as you say I Am That, you breathe in and think of this thing/person/trait you're seeing or say its/their name. For example, while I was out walking I looked at each thing along my way and said "I Am That" on my inward breath. On my outward breath I said "I AM" while holding the awareness that I AM that thing. After doing this with a number of objects a curious thing started to happen. I felt this aliveness emerging where I was feeling the immense creativity that I AM always connected with. I was experiencing that I live in a world that is alive with creativity and abundance. At one point I felt laughter bubbling up as I looked at a curbside sign and said "I Am That", "I AM".  There was a real sense of joyfulness and awareness of how incredibly creative and unlimited our world really is - how many 'ideas' are out there and that continue to manifest in physical form!

[One very important part of this process is the conscious breathing aspect of the process. Conscious breathing immediately takes you out of subconscious rote routine existence and brings you into the Now. You become 100% present with where you are whilst you're practising conscious breathing. The more often we can be consciously present in our lives, the less power our subconscious programs will have over our lives. Subconscious programs can work for your benefit, but they can also sabotage your highest ideals and goals. So, the more often we can operate in full present moment consciousness, the more we can choose the thoughts we consciously entertain. Thoughts become things. Before any thing becomes tangible physically, it was a thought first. When we're not consciously present our subconscious programmed thoughts are running our lives. The problem is that most people are totally unaware of the full extent of their subconscious thoughts and programs. For now, we just need to be aware that being fully present in the now is a much more empowering state to be in than an absent minded rote routine state.]

At another point I looked at one leaf on a tree and said "I Am That", "I AM" and became aware that there were thousands more leaves like this on just that tree alone, and this was just one of many, many trees I was walking amongst in this moment. I realized how easily we fall into seeing lack and limitation in our world. We're like sleep walkers totally oblivious of the immense abundance we're surrounded by.

This process can be used to bring a greater connection, compassion and love with the people in your life as well. For example, you may have someone in your workplace who you really detest. Take some time to bring this person into your awareness and start saying "I Am That" on your in breath, saying "I AM" (person's name) or just saying "I Am That" as you hold them in your mind's eye. Then on your outward breath once again hold them in your mind's eye and say "I AM". Connect with the traits that you detest and affirm in your mind "I Am That;" "I AM". As you do this process you will start to feel the emergence of compassion within you. You may start to see what fears are driving the detestable behavior in this person and then compassion for them can emerge. As you experience the oneness between you and the manifesting behavior you're observing, you'll start to feel compassion and real unconditional love emerging. Stick with the process until you feel the shift of perception. You may need to practise it over a number of days perhaps.

A third way to use this process is to draw something to you that you desire. Make sure it's something worthwhile, not simply a self indulgent thing. For example, if you're wanting a larger home, connect with the feeling of sharing that new home with more family and friends and feel how much joy and connection with others will be generated in that new home. As you say on your inward breath "I Am That" connect with this thing you're wanting to manifest. Feel the oneness of you and that thing. On the outward breath affirm "I AM", once again connecting inwardly with this thing and knowing your oneness with it.

You may want to do this process to attain a trait that you admire in another person. On your inward breath, saying "I Am That", feel that you already have this desirable trait. See yourself already living that persona. Then on your outward breath affirm "I Am" whilst holding the feeling of already living that trait.

For anyone who is wanting ongoing support to change your life with personal coaching, we offer a 6 month coaching program, a 2 Day Change Your Life Program (with 1 month follow up coaching) and weekly group webinars .



No comments:

Post a Comment